Welcome to HexWorld! This website is devoted to the game of Hex. There isn't very much here yet. We have an interactive Hex board:
- Interactive Board. You can use this to replay and analyze games, and to share game records.
Where to play Hex online
- Board Game Arena. Real-time and turn-based play.
- Little Golem. Only turn-based play. Wait hours or days for your opponent to make a move.
- PlayOK Real-time play. Very low traffic (hard to find opponents).
- IG Game Center Real-time play. Very low traffic.
- Hex for Android. I heard this is pretty good.
Guides and resources
- How to Play Hex. A video with just the rules.
- Matthew Seymour's Hex puzzles. A collection of 500 interactive puzzles. These puzzles start easy, then gradually get harder. Great tactics training. Very addictive!
- Hex: A Strategy Guide. A free interactive online book by Matthew Seymour. Great introduction to basic, intermediate and some advanced Hex strategy.
- The HexWiki. An in-depth reference for everything related to Hex. Contains lots of detailed information on basic, intermediate, and advanced strategy. Probably too much information for beginners. Start with Matthew Seymour's book instead.
- David King's Hex templates. A comprehensive list of edge templates, interior templates, ladder creation templates, and more.
- Peter Selinger's Hex templates. Another template collection, containing many larger and less common templates that are missing from David King's page.